If you’re an avid casino-goer who hasn’t started playing social casino games, you’re really missing out. It’s pretty much the only way you can gamble with your friends and family without making a lengthy trip to someone’s house for poker night or schlepping down to the nearby casino, where hefty cover charges, overpriced drinks and rude staff abound. What’s more, as the social media casino scene has really taken off, the variety of games is expanding year-on-year, meaning your social gambling experience compares favourably with any real-money online casino or brick-and-mortar gambling house. Here are the pros and cons of playing social casino games!
Games like Heart of Vegas Slots and House of Fun and other top rated social casino games are clearly casino games even if they don’t offer real money gambling but it’s games like Candy Crush that could potentially be encouraging gambling in children – learn more by following THIS LINK HERE and meanwhile we’ll get back to the business of looking at the advantages and disadvantages of playing Free Facebook Slots and any of the 100’s of social casino games and Facebook apps now available for free download or streaming through mobile devices.
Pros of Free Social Casino Games
- Low-Cost – In fact, “low-cost” is an understatement since social casino games tend to be completely free-to-play. If you love playing online pokies but haven’t had much luck lately, then give your wallet a break and play on Facebook for a change.
- Good Company – Have you ever tried locating one of your friends on an online casino? It’s damn near impossible. After all, Australia is the biggest nation of pokie players in the world, so it stands to reason that searching for a single player on your average pokie website is going to be like finding a needle in a haystack. With Facebook games, you can sit down at a poker table with your buddies or laugh over shared misfortunes at the roulette wheel with your wife. Gambling is so much more fun when you’re in good company.
- Hone Your Skills – Practicing new tactics in a real-money casino can be pretty expensive. You might even exhaust your bankroll before your strategies start to pay dividends. On Facebook, however, games are free, so you can hone your skills and refine your tactics without paying for the lesson.
Cons of ‘Free’ Social Casino Games
- Ripoff Games – Renowned companies like Aristocrat put a lot of money and effort into designing their games, so they aren’t exactly enthused about offering them for free. While you can find high-quality games on platforms like DoubleDown or Hearts of Vegas, a significant portion of the market is dominated by cheap knockoffs of beloved pokie games, which are to be avoided at all costs.
- Hidden Costs – This really only applies to players with no discipline. Any social casino app will offer in-game purchases – perhaps some extra chips, or a few more spins, or a bigger jackpot. The costs may seem low at first, but they add up, and remember that unlike real-money gambling, there’s no chance for you to recoup your expenditure by landing a big win. So be careful. If you have to spend, spend wisely, and remember this is supposed to be a free hobby!